Effective Date: November 1, 2012
Thanks for joining us here at Switchcam (“Switchcam”, “we” “our”, or “us”). Your privacy is important to us.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Information Switchcam collects
We collect personal information about you from various sources:
Information you provide to us
You are not required to provide us with any personal information in order to visit the Website. However, in order to access some features of the Service on the Website and in the App, we require that you connect to Switchcam with your Facebook account or your YouTube account, or by other login methods we may provide. Additionally, in order to use our App, we require that you allow us to collect your location information using your mobile device’s geolocation feature.
Information from correspondence
You will provide certain personal information if you contact us by email, sign up for our mailing list, enter any sweepstakes, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means. For example, you would provide us with your email address if you send us an email.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Service, including, but not limited to, the following:
With regard to the Website:
With regard to the App:
- your browser type and operating system
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Service
- the pages that you visit within the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Website
- search terms that you may enter on the Website
- frequency and duration of your visits to the Website
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Service, for example, whether you are accessing the Service from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- collected through cookies, as described below
- standard server log
- your geolocation information
- the encrypted unique device identifier (UDID) of the device from which you access the App
- the push notification token associated with your mobile device
- the specific actions that you take in the App
- any information that you may enter in the App
- the frequency and duration of your use of the App
- the current, past, and upcoming Camera Crews for which you have registered
- if you connect your Facebook account to the App, your Facebook ID, first and last name, and profile picture
- your email address – either the one associated with your connected Facebook account or the one you provided to us
Information from YouTube
Switchcam allows you to create, curate, and publish Shoots on the Service as a Director. If you are the Director of a Shoot, we will require you to provide your YouTube account name and password.
Information from Facebook
How we use, store, and share your personal information
We may use, store, and disclose the personal information we collect about you in various ways:
- Any information collected about you, as detailed above, may be used, stored, and disclosed to third parties for business or marketing purposes, or to evaluate how our users are using Switchcam and to improve users’ experience on the Service.
- If you connect to Switchcam with your Facebook account, your Facebook account will be connected automatically with Switchcam, and you agree that we may share your personal information in a manner and to an extent consistent with your privacy settings on Facebook. For example, if one of your Facebook friends connects to Switchcam with their Facebook account, we may suggest to your Facebook friend that you might be someone they may wish to follow on Switchcam. Likewise, we may use your Facebook “likes” and/or what you watch on the Service to create recommendations for you. Similarly, information regarding the actions that you take on Switchcam will be shared with Facebook and will appear in your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. If you do not wish to share your Switchcam activity with your Facebook friends, you can control this using your Facebook privacy settings. If you connect your Facebook account to the Service through the App, please note that your name will be displayed to other Switchcam users.
- If you connect to Switchcam with your YouTube account, we will store your YouTube account credentials, and you agree that we may use them to upload Event Content to your YouTube account when you publish a Shoot as a Director, or to or delete Event Content from your YouTube account if you wish to remove Content from a published Shoot for which you are the Director.
- When you join Switchcam, we will add you to our mailing list, and your email address will be used to send you newsletters, email notifications, and other information. You may modify the frequency and type of emails you receive from us through your Switchcam profile page, and you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by following the directions provided in each email.
- When you are registered as Camera Crew for a Shoot, we will send messages to you regarding your participation in the Shoot via push notifications. If you do not wish to receive push notifications from us, you can manage your notification preferences in your mobile device’s settings. However, please be aware that push notifications are important to many aspects of the App, so you may not be able to enjoy all of the App’s features if you have push notifications turned off.
- If you use our App to record Events, we use your device’s location information to confirm your presence at an Event, to send you messages during the Event (and shortly before and after it), and to identify your videos as recordings of the Event. Please be aware that your location information will be embedded in any videos of an Event you submit to a Shoot. We cache your location information for the day of the Event only, for the purposes of delivering messages to you and identifying your videos. We also keep the location information associated with your videos in order to keep track of what videos you have recorded and what Events you have attended.
Cookies and similar features
Like many other websites, we use browser cookies to help provide you with a quality user experience when visiting the Website. By having cookies collect certain data, we can improve the Website and customize the Service we provide to you. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
If you do not wish to receive email from us, you can manage your mailing list preferences through your Switchcam profile. Likewise, you can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects of the Website – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the Service.
Switchcam is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Service and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such data, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
185 Clara St.
San Francisco, CA 94107